Summer is right around the corner. Before you know it the kids will be out of school and looking for ways to fill the long summer days. After such a long, cold winter, everyone is itching to get out and enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors.
Summertime is the perfect opportunity to get the kids out of the house and enjoy some quality family time together. Nothing is better than spending time with the ones you love in the beautiful outdoor surroundings. Here is a list of our Top 10 Outdoor Activities for Your Family This Summer:
- Go See A Baseball Game- Take a trip to your local baseball stadium. Summer is made for America’s favorite pastime. Grab the kids and support your local baseball team. Here in Frisco, stop by the beautiful Dr. Pepper Ballpark for hot dogs, peanuts and some good ol’ fashioned summer time fun.
- Take A Walk- Taking a stroll through the great outdoors is a wonderful way to spend time with your family. Disconnect from all the technology and reconnect with nature on a walk through your beautiful outdoor surroundings. Check your area for hiking or walking trails. The Frisco area is home to miles of scenic trails, perfect for a family outing.
- Go to the Park- There’s nothing like a day in the park. Grab the family for a fun-filled afternoon in one of your area’s lovely green spaces. Bring plenty of things to keep you busy, like Frisbee or a kite, or simply lay back and relax on a blanket and enjoy the scenery. To kick it up a notch, bring a picnic lunch for added outdoor fun. Here’s a list of some of Frisco’s top parks.
- Hit the Links- Summer is a great time to get out on the course and perfect your golf game. You don’t have to play a full round to enjoy getting out the golf course. Bring the family to the driving range for a fun, family activity, as well as some exercise.
- Enjoy Some Music- Music moves outside in the summer time. Take the family to enjoy an outdoor concert. Check your area for outdoor concert and music festivals. The Frisco area, and many communities, feature a Summer Concert Series, many for free or a discounted price. Teach your children a love for music and support your local musicians at the same time.
- Go Fishing- You know what they say about teaching a man to fish. Share this classic pastime with your family this summer. Get in touch with nature and maybe catch yourself dinner.
- Get Wet- On those hot summer days, nothing cools you down like a dip in the water. Whether in a community pool, splash-park, river or lake, nothing says summer like getting out on the water. Throw on your bathing suits, slather on some sunscreen, and cool off with the family this summer.
- Take a Bike Ride- Biking is fun and great exercise. Research biking trails around your community, or simply take a ride around your neighborhood. Riding bikes with your kids is a great way to teach them bike safety as well. Strap on your helmets and start pedaling.
- Try a New Sport- With all the extra free time we have in the summer, it’s a perfect time to pick up a new hobby. Learn to play a new outdoor sport with your family. Tennis and volleyball are great summer sports, and most communities have public courts. Try your hand at disc golf or round up a team for kickball. Just get outside and get moving.
- Get Some Culture- Since children are out of school for the summer, it is a great time to expose them to new experiences. Take in a museum or art exhibit. Visit the botanical gardens or check out local art or cultural festivals. Here in Frisco, check out the Texas Sculpture Garden or take part in Skyfest, where would-be astronomers view the starry Texas skies through telescopes.
These are our Top 10 Outdoor Activities for Your Family This Summer, but the possibilities are endless. Thanks to our beautiful surroundings, opportunities for outdoor family fun are truly endless.
Best Vacation Spots in Texas
Summertime means vacation time for many families. With the kids out of school, summer is the perfect time to hop in the car and enjoy a family vacation. Texas is full of wonderful vacation spots. Take a boat ride through the famous San Antonio Riverwalk and stop by to see the Alamo. Feel the sand between your toes on some of Texas’s most beautiful beaches from Corpus Christi to San Padre Island. Visit the state capitol in Austin and check out the vibrant local music scene. Ride the biggest coasters at Fiesta Texas or cool off on the famous waterslides at Schlitterbahn.
Texas is a wonderful place to visit or call home. If you want to find out more about what Texas has to offer reach out to us, Dutch and Cheryl Wiemeyer, Realtors with Keller Williams Realty. If you are looking for homes for sale in Frisco, TX or homes for sale in Denton, TX, we are here to help. Let us put our knowledge and expertise to work for you. For more helpful tips, like our Top 10 Outdoor Activities for Your Family This Summer, check out our blog. Contact us for all your real estate needs.