If you live in Dallas or you’re just visiting, relaxing is important in a city that always seems to be going nonstop. Take a look at this list of relaxing things to do in Dallas and you’ll thank 14 Relaxing Things to Do in Dallasyourself for taking the time to unwind.
- Visit the Perot Museum: What is more low-key than spending the day learning? The traveling exhibits and movies are interesting and will keep your mind off the stresses of work and home.
- Shop Til You Drop: A little retail therapy can ease just about any ache and pain – well maybe not any, but a visit to Northpark Mall during the week will help you find some fabulous new clothes and you’ll find it relaxing that the mall isn’t wall to wall full of people.
- Indulge at the Dallas Farmers Market: The Dallas Farmers Market has been completely revamped including all new shops and places to eat inside. You can enjoy fresh macaroons, tacos, seafood and plenty of other foods inside. Take a day for yourself and dine on cuisine at the Dallas Farmers Market.
- Practice Yoga: Wake up early one morning and stretch with the sunrise at a free yoga session at Klyde Warren Park. On Sunday mornings you can practice yoga free of charge with Exhale Spa. You don’t even need to bring a mat.
- Eat a Popsicle: Take a stroll down Greenville Avenue and make a stop at Steel City Pops where they offer amazing popsicles in a variety of flavors. Need I say more?
- Have a Laugh: Catch a comedy show at one of the many comedy clubs in Dallas. No matter who the comedian is, you are sure to have a good time with lots of laughs.
- Enjoy Penguins Playing: Visit the Dallas Zoo or the Dallas Aquarium to catch penguins playing, monkeys wrestling and elephants bathing. You’ll be amazed at the beautiful animals at these two attractions and spending a little time in nature will help you relax.
- Go to Reunion Tower: Visit the GeoDeck at Reunion Tower to get a 360 view of Downtown Dallas. Grab a bite to eat at Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant and relax with wine and a scenic view.
- Ice Skate: A signature spot in Dallas is the ice skating rink in the Galleria. It’s especially beautiful around Christmastime when the humongous tree is in the middle of the rink. Laugh at yourself and have a good time on the ice.
- Bike Katy Trail: Spend a few hours outside and get a good workout in on the Katy Trail. You never know who you might run into – Troy Aikman has been spotted jogging on the trail more than a few times. After your bike trip on the trail, head to Katy Trail Ice House to enjoy a drink.
- Tour Grapevine Wine Country: Take a local wine tour in Grapevine and stop at multiple wineries for tastings.
- Catch a Movie: Watch a movie at the Angelika in Shops at Legacy, West Village or in Mockingbird Station. This theater shows only independent and specialty films and is a great spot to watch movies you can’t find in traditional theaters. You can also crack open a cold beer during the movie.
- Take the Trolley: Hop on the trolley for free and you’ll get to see some of the most popular places in Dallas such as Dealey Plaza, Thanksgiving Square, Dallas Farmers Market and Reunion Tower. Just sit back and relax.
- Enjoy Dinner on the Patio: McKinney Avenue and West Village in Uptown are lined with restaurants with amazing patios. Grab some dinner and a glass of wine and sit out on the patio to enjoy a night of relaxation and incredible food.
Which activity do you think you’d like to try first? It will be hard not to try all of these, but who says you can’t? Dallas is full of adventure along with incredible places to wind down and take some time to relax and relieve stress after a crazy workweek.
Making Dallas Your Home
If you are hoping to make Dallas your new home, let us help ease the process and make it as efficient as possible. Contact one of our experienced real estate agents today to get started on finding your perfect home in Dallas. We know you will love Dallas as much as we do and that you’ll Dallas a relaxing place to call home.