Are you planning to spend time in Dallas this summer? Whether you’re going to be in Dallas for a few days, weeks, or months this season, there are a number of fun things to do and see in the city. Your family and friends will love everything Dallas has to offer both its residents and its visitors. The city’s unique culture, thrilling entertainment and delightful tourism make for a great time in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Discover the city in different ways while spending quality time with your loved ones this season. Here are 20 items to add to your Dallas summer bucket list:
- The Dallas Zoo – Embark on the adventure of a lifetime when visiting the exhibits and taking in the experiences your whole family with love at the Dallas Zoo.
- The Perot Museum of Nature & Science – Take time to explore the museum and get involved with intriguing programs and events at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- The Bath House Cultural Center – Observe vibrant visual art and experience delightful performance art from an array of artistic backgrounds at the Bath House Cultural Center.
- Pegasus Plaza – Celebrate Dallas and her invincible spirit when stopping by the hot spring fountain and taking part in special events at Pegasus Plaza in downtown Dallas.
- The African American Museum – Discover the preservation and presentation of the African American community’s compelling visual art forms and interesting historical documents at the African American Museum.
- The Dallas Public Library – Crack open your favorite book or browse the list of upcoming events to encourage your kids to embrace literacy at the Dallas Public Library.
- The Dallas World Aquarium – Get lost in the exhibits and attend a variety of feeds and talks to become one with the ocean at the Dallas World Aquarium.
- The Pioneer Plaza Cattle Drive – Spend an afternoon celebrating the city’s cowboy past by exploring the historic statues near the Dallas Convention Center as one of the many things to do in Dallas this summer.
- The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens – Immerse yourself in the art, beauty and knowledge of horticulture at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
- The Dallas Film Commission – Attend events and embrace your inner movie junkie at the Dallas Film Commission as one of the 20 items to add to your Dallas summer bucket list.
- The Sixth Floor Museum – Dig deeper into the assassination, collections and legacy of President John F. Kennedy at the Sixth Floor Museum.
- The Dallas Children’s Theater – Enroll your kids in academy classes and watch plays to make the most of your family arts center at the Dallas Children’s Theater.
- The Dallas Museum of Art – Visit The Dallas Museum of Art to observe interesting art, participate in engaging programs and conduct valuable research.
- The South Dallas Cultural Center – Take part in fun-filled programs and interactive events while learning about the venue to discover African American art and culture at the South Dallas Cultural Center.
- The Dallas Opera – Search upcoming events and find out about this year’s dynamic season to discover opera in the big city at the Dallas Opera.
- The Majestic Theater – Find out about upcoming events and learn more about delicious dining and convenient accommodations at the Majestic Theater in Dallas.
- The Dallas Symphony Orchestra – Buy tickets and dive into the long-awaited 2017 season to hear classic and contemporary music at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- The Oak Cliff Cultural Center – Browse the detailed events calendar to learn more about visual art and youth programs at the Oak Cliff Cultural Center.
- The Latino Cultural Center – Be a part of preserving, developing and promoting Latino and Hispanic arts and culture at the Latino Cultural Center.
- The Dallas City Performance Hall – Sort through the list of upcoming events to find out about emerging and mid-sized cultural and artistic organizations at the Dallas City Performance Hall.
Get Out and Enjoy Dallas-Fort Worth
Whether you’re interested in experiencing culture, finding entertainment or embracing tourism, these 20 items to add to your Dallas summer bucket list are great ways to discover the city. The season is ripe with fun activities for friends and family of all ages. Additionally, Texas locals and visitors alike can experience everything this dynamic metropolis has to offer in the summertime.
Once you’ve decided how to spend some time out on the town, rally your loved ones to have the time of your lives in Dallas. We would also be happy to answer any questions you may have about Dallas in the summer, so please don’t hesitate to contact us today.