The fall season brings with it more than just a chill in the air, changing the leaves and sending the kids back to school. Fall brings in numerous fun activities, cooler weather, and the impending start of holiday season. There is no shortage of things to do in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and below is a list of 25 family friendly fall activities to take part in.
- Want to experience the city like a local? Hit the streets of Dallas with a tour on a Segway to get a closer view
- Flowers change seasons right along with the weather; visit the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden to see Mother Nature change too
- Test your wits with a challenging live action game at Escape Expert. Work as part of a team to crack a complex puzzle and come out a champion
- Who can turn down gourmet chocolate? Take a Dallas by Chocolate Tour to indulge!
- Visit Skyline Trapeze and swing through the sky. If a flying trapeze is not your fancy, give juggling or Spanish web a go!
- Enlist your courage (and iron stomach!) at the Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park Dallas. 5 exhilarating rides promise to amp up your adrenaline
- Head out to Stockyard Station and watch cowboys at work during the Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive. Cowhands wrangle Texas longhorns in authentic period attire to keep Texas’ ranching roots vibrant
- Take in a performance at Bass Performance Hall. Hosting Broadway at the Bass, you can take in award-winning theater such as the Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera and The Wizard of Oz
- Cruise on the Molly the Trolley bus in downtown Sundance Square. Known for Fort Worth’s best bars and restaurants, as well as festivals and events, you will always find something exciting!
- Visit the Fort Worth Cultural District and check out a museum (or all six!)
- Treat the family to picnic in the park with a visit to Burnett Park
- Rent a kayak and watch the sunset from the lake at Panther Island
- Head out to the country and take a horseback ride at Beaumont Ranch. The working cattle ranch also provides stunning resort-style accommodations to experience the outdoors in style
- For a big family or just a large group of friends, a spin around Fort Worth on a Cowtown Cycle Party makes you work together to see the sights. Or meet some new friends with the Make New Friends Tour!
- Fall weather not only cools down for you, but also for the animals at the Zoo! Visit the Dallas Zoo to see who is out and about
- With no shortage of outdoor trails in DFW, Katy Trail is perfect to explore through downtown Dallas.
- After a long day of adventure, stop in to Keller’s Drive-in for a late-night nibble and a flashback to 1950s Americana
- Check out pre-season football in September, at AT&T Stadium, to watch the Houston Texans play the Dallas Cowboys
- Stroll through Turtle Creek Park and keep an eye out for turtles!
- Find your breath outside with Hiking Yoga-Dallas
- Visit the Cottonwood Art Festival in October. An art establishment for over 40 years, the Cottonwood Art Festival also offers live music along with great food and spirits
- Continue the festival fun at the Harvest Moon Art and Balloon Festival! Watch the skies fill with hot-air balloons while taking in the arts and festivities
- For some holiday spookiness, do not miss the Festival of Pumpkins in Downtown Paris Square. Costume contests and pumpkin carving are sure to get you excited for Halloween!
- Watch the Sky’s the Limit Balloon Festival at the Gainesville Airport in September
- As the last of the 25 family friendly fall activities, check out the Autumn and Arts Fest in Sherman. There is something everyone to enjoy!
How to spend the upcoming fall season
The fall season in DFW area has so many things for you to see and do. Our list of 25 family friendly fall activities is just a starting place to help guide you through the transition season and highlight why northern Texas is a great place to live. If DFW sounds like an area you want to live, work and play, check out Lake Ray Roberts Acreage Homes and Argyle TX homes for sale at texasliving.com. Dutch and Cheryl Wiemeyer, Realtors® with Keller Williams Realty, are North Texas experts and can help find your Texas dream.