Romance is alive in the Big D, and we do mean Dallas. Date night options span the gamut in our bustling city, but we’ve narrowed it down to eight (with some bonus features) ways to spend quality time with your sweetheart.
We break it down to thoughts on cultural themes involving our amazing creative scene here, a couple of ways to see the city that doesn’t require an automobile, and of course, food.
We provide this information as a service to our clients, and no one gave us any money to mention them in the post.
Music And Culture
The Dallas music scene is extensive as far as genre selection. Yes, you will still find country crooners in spangled suits belting out Johnny Cash cover songs, but we go beyond the obvious.
1. Surround yourself with classic tunes and a laser light show at the UT Planetarium in Arlington. Pink Floyd fans can hum along to their favorite compositions from The Wall and Dark Side Of the Moon albums.
2. Visit The Crow Collection. Our fellow Dallas native, Trammell Crow was a pioneer in the commercial real estate development industry in Texas. Crow’s career began in warehouse leasing, then expanded to speculative ventures. Before his efforts, commercial construction was primarily build-to-suit. By 1986, Trammell Crow Corporation was the largest warehouse lessor in the U.S.
Over the years, Mr. and Mrs. Crow developed a love for Oriental art and antiquities. Their collection expanded to such a degree that it only made sense to consolidate the exhibits under one roof. In 1998, the family opened the Crow Collection of Asian Art in the Dallas Arts District.
One of only a few museums dedicated entirely to Asian art and culture, the Crow Collection attracts thousands of travelers and locals each year. Admission is free, and you can immerse yourself in priceless rarities at a leisurely pace, as they are open until 9:00 pm most evenings.
3. Enjoy classical composers in a contemporary setting at the Meyerson Symphony Center, where our Dallas Symphony Orchestra calls home. The architecture of the center is as beautiful as the music inside. Designed as a collaboration between award-winning architect I.M. Pei and professional acoustician Russell Johnson, the building creates the ideal backdrop for a romantic evening.
Tours of The Unusual Kind
Okay, usually tours don’t make the list of date night activities, but these are a little different. Quality time is still readily available with these mobile options.
4. Hop on a swan boat on The Leonhardt Lagoon. These grand water vessels are people-powered, so if you want to burn off that decadent dessert, swan boats make pedaling fun. Date night in this instance is actually date afternoon, as the boats are only available from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm.
5. As above as it is below. Book a romantic tour of the landmarks around DFW on Sky Helicopter’s sunset option. Sunsets above the horizon are some of the most spectacular you will witness. Dates and times are subject to the weather, and airspace restrictions. If dignitaries are visiting, or a large number of aircraft are in the area, flying over Dallas becomes inhibited because of FAA rules.
6. Gondola Adventures brings authentic Italian cruising to Irving. Choose between a boat ride on Lake Carolyn or along the Mandalay Canals. A classic cruise is an hour-long aquatic adventure, and for an extended time on the water, they offer a 90-minute option.
Feed Your Love
What is date night without dinner? We compiled a minute sampling of dining alternatives for this list out of the hundreds of restaurants in Dallas.
7. The Woolworth is a cozy yet not cramped choice for dinner and drinks. Located in downtown Dallas, The Woolworth has fantastic views of the lights of our skyline. The food is delicious and in case there is a lull in your conversation, the giant eyeball sculpture outside the building will prompt a new outlook (pun intended).
8. HG Sply Co is in the Greenville area, and also has a great view of the Dallas skyline thanks to the rooftop bar. Creative liquid concoctions of both the alcoholic and non-spirited varieties get the evening started with style. The menu is Paleo-inspired, so in case honey follows that dietary avenue, HG is a leading choice.
Are You Ready For the Weekend?
We love date night, and the weekend. If you’re out and about and want to share your experiences with us, please give us a ring. Click here for our contact information.