Do you have some beautiful Texas land that you want to sell? Selling acreage can one of the most difficult types of property to sell, particularly if you’re not partnered with a Realtor that has experience in this area. Prices for land have been on the decline for the past few years, but the tides are turning. If you have property that you are interested in selling, now is the time to get the ball rolling. If you know a few tips and tricks, unloading your unwanted property can be a quick and easy transaction. Here is our list of Top 5 Tips To Selling Your Texas Acreage Property.
- Find Out What It Is Worth- If you are looking to sell your acreage property, the first thing you need to do is determine its value. We recommend hiring an outside property appraiser or knowledgeable real estate agent to establish the true value of your piece of property. Determine the current market value of your acreage first thing, before moving forward with your attempt to sell. Remember, you can’t sell something if you don’t know what it is worth. There always needs to be a price tag.
- Do Your Research- Find out everything that you can about the property. You want to be prepared to fully answer any questions a potential buyer may have about your property. This includes the exact property lines, any utility information, water access, zoning ordinances, waste disposal and sewage, and information about any other amenities. In addition to research about your particular piece of land, be knowledgeable about the area in which the land is located. Be familiar with the nearest community and be ready to answer any potential questions.
- It’s All About the Presentation- They say image is everything, and in the real estate world it couldn’t be truer. You want to present the best assets of your land to buyers. Make sure that the property lines are clearly marked, and easily visible and understandable to potential buyers. Clean up any trash or untidy areas on the property. No one wants to buy land that is dirty and disheveled. Put your best face forward when it comes to selling your land.
- Get the Word Out- Let potential buyers know that your property is available. Place large, easily readable signs prominently on the property and in the most high traffic areas. Find out what platform works best in your market. Consider advertising online, in local papers and periodicals, and on social media. Reach out to friends and family to help spread the word about your land. Even contemplate contacting local developers to let them know the land is available. These are all things that a knowledgeable real estate professional can assist you with.
- Be Prepared- Most importantly, be ready. Your land could take months to sell, or you could get an offer on the first day. When you put your land on the market, be prepared for whatever may happen. Ensure that you are within your rights to sell the land and make sure discuss the selling of the property with any connected parties, such as family. Be financially ready to complete all the steps in the process, from appraisal and clean up, to advertising and legal fees. Make sure that you are ready to let the land go.
If you are thinking of selling your land, our top 5 tips to selling your Texas acreage property can help you get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Looking for some more tips? Read our extended guide!
Pilot Point Acreage Homes for Sale
For help and more tips on buying or selling land, reach out to us, Dutch and Cheryl Wiemeyer, Realtors with Keller Williams Realty. We have years of experience in the area and would love to put our experience to work for you. Whether you are looking to buy or sell Pilot Point, TX Acreage Homes, we can help you with all of your real estate needs. If you are in search of Homes for Sale Denton TX or need help selling some of your acreage property, it would be our pleasure to assist you.
For more great advice like our top 5 tips to selling your Texas acreage blog, check out our blog today! When you are ready to take the next steps in your real estate journey, contact us! We are here to help you every step of the way and look forward to helping you reach all of your real estate goals. Let’s get started.